The report was based on data from a survey of 3,458 consumers in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
The US leads expected spending growth, with 29% of US respondents saying they plan to spend more this year. Most Canadian shoppers, on the other hand, say they are tightening their budgets this year.
Millennial respondents (age 18-29) are the most likely to say they will increase their spending this year, whereas older consumers are the most likely to say they'll stick with last years budget.
Other key insights from the report:
- Fewer US consumers plan to shop on Thanksgiving Day this year compared with 2014; last year, 25% planned to hit the stores after finishing off the turkey, compared with only 17% this year.
- Half of younger shoppers surveyed plan to do most of their holiday shopping between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, compared with just one-third of shoppers over 30.
- Gift cards are the top gift choice for the consumers surveyed, followed by toys/games and apparel.
Check out the infographic for more:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 3,458 consumers in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Continue reading "2015 Holiday Shoppers: When, Where, and How They Plan to Buy [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Use Psychology in E-Commerce [Infographic]
- Five Problems That Drive Customer Churn [Infographic]
- The Rise of the Self-Service B2B Buyer
- Five Lessons Marketers Can Learn From Online Reviews
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions