Below we present a listing of the top MarketingProfs research summaries (AKA, "Survey Says" articles) of 2015.
"Top" means, in this case, popular; and "popular" means most read by subscribers of our newsletter, MarketingProfs Today.
In other words, the research summaries not listed here may have had more pageviews, but we've not included them because those views were likely the result of the search engine gods' having placed them at or near the top of search results pages... or the social media fates' having conspired to distribute them far and wide on Twitter or Facebook or LinkedIn or Google+.
But, because we value your time and want to provide truly useful and informative information, we've narrowed the list to only those that you and your colleagues considered most worthy of your attention in 2015 (email seems to be top of mind!).
Note that our research summaries are selected and compiled by MarketingProfs research writer Ayaz Nanji.
And now, the top 10 research summaries published on MarketingProfs in 2015:
10. The Most In-Demand Digital Marketing Skills
Which digital marketing skills and job titles are highly sought after? And how much do those in-demand positions pay, on average?
9. The Best Tactics for Improving Email CTRs
Marketers say creating meaningful call-to-action offers is the best way to increasing email click-through rates (CTRs), according to a recent report from Ascend2.
8. The Top-Rated Email Marketing Platforms
Some 85% of marketers say their current email platform meets their needs, and 84% are likely to recommend the product they use to others, according to a recent report from G2 Crowd.
7. How Six Common Words Influence 1-to-1 Email Open Rates
Should you use, or avoid, certain words in your subject lines when sending emails directly to business contacts?
6. The Most Effective Landing Page Optimization Tactics
Marketing leaders say A/B testing is the most effective landing page optimization tactic, according to a recent report from Ascend2 and Act-On Software.
5. The Most Important Elements of an Email Campaign
Email marketers say having quality data/lists is the key to successful email campaigns, according to a recent report from Howling Mad.
4. Four Important SEO Trends for 2015
Google is now better able to reward high-quality Web content that is relevant to a search query and less dependent on traditional signals, such as keywords, according to a recent report from Searchmetrics.
3. Email Subject Lines That Sell
Which phrases, incentives, and punctuation marks in email subject lines inspire consumers to take action?
2. The 10 Best (and Worst) Performing Words in Email Subject Lines
If you want to boost engagement with your email campaigns, it helps to say "thank you" in the subject line, according to a recent report from Adestra.
1. The Five Most Effective (and Ineffective) Words in Email Subject Lines
Which words in subject lines significantly increase consumer opens of marketing emails, and which words significantly decrease opens?
Bonus: 2016 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
by Ann Handley
How do B2B marketers measure content marketing success? Which metric do they say is most important? Which tactics do they use? What increases content effectiveness? What do the most effective B2B marketers do differently?
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Customer Behavior Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What Makes Customer Service Experiences Great or Terrible?
- The Role of Authenticity in the Online Path to Purchase [Infographic]
- How Americans Feel About Artificial Intelligence
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- The Factors That Most Influence Buyers of B2B Services