The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2015 of 284 B2B marketers in the United States; respondents came from a wide range of industries, and half work for companies with more than 200 employees.
Some 61% of respondents say whitepapers drive leads for their business, the most of any content type.
Webinars are a close second (59% say they drive leads), followed by case studies (44%) and blogs (32%).
As for driving revenue, 41% of respondents say webinars are an effective tactic and 39% say the same about whitepapers.
Some 59% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn generates leads for their business; 28% of respondents say Twitter generates leads.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2015 of 284 B2B marketers in the United States.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations
- Optimize Content Strategy With Insights From a New Study: NetLine's David Fortino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]