Which industries have the highest, or lowest, Google AdWords click-through rates, engagement levels, and costs?
To find out, WordStream examined 2,367 US-based client accounts from a wide range of verticals accounting for $34.4 million in 2Q15 AdWords spend.
The researchers looked at data for both Google AdWords' Search and Display networks. Median click-through rate (CTR), cost per click (CPC), conversion rate (CVR), and cost per action (CPA) were calculated for each industry examined.
Below, key findings from the report.
Dating and personal services companies have the highest median paid search CTR (3.40%) of the industries examined; technology companies have the highest median display CTR (0.84%).
Cost per Click
Legal services have the highest median CPC on Google's paid search network ($5.88); employment services have the highest median display CPC ($1.66).
The finance industry has the highest median CVR on Google's paid search network (7.19%); the homegoods industry has the highest median display CVR (2.19%).
Cost per Action
Dating and personal sites have the lowest median paid search CPA ($6.91); technology companies have the lowest median display CPA ($19.23).
About the research: The report was based on data from 2,367 US-based WordStream client accounts from a wide range of verticals accounting for $34.4 million in 2Q15 AdWords spend.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]