Freelancers with marketing skills are the most searched for on LinkedIn, according to recent research from LinkedIn Profinder.
The report was based on internal LinkedIn search data from March 2016 as well as profile and geographic data from 2015.
The number of freelancers on LinkedIn has increased 43% over the past five years, the analysis found.
After marketing, the most searched for freelance skills by potential employers/clients are accounting, business consulting, design, and software development.
New York is the US city with the most freelancers who have LinkedIn profiles. Los Angeles is second, followed by San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Dallas/Fort Worth.
About the research: The report was based on internal LinkedIn search data from March 2016 as well as profile and geographic data from 2015.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Data: The 10 Most In-Demand Marketing and Sales Skills