The report was based on internal LinkedIn search data from March 2016 as well as profile and geographic data from 2015.
The number of freelancers on LinkedIn has increased 43% over the past five years, the analysis found.
After marketing, the most searched for freelance skills by potential employers/clients are accounting, business consulting, design, and software development.
New York is the US city with the most freelancers who have LinkedIn profiles. Los Angeles is second, followed by San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Dallas/Fort Worth.
About the research: The report was based on internal LinkedIn search data from March 2016 as well as profile and geographic data from 2015.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Negotiating a Better Salary [Infographic]
- Six Tips for Moving From B2B Marketer to Solutions Architect (And Why You Should)
- Five Tips for Avoiding Decision Fatigue During a Job Search [Infographic]
- How to Grow Your Professional Network in the Digital-Only Era
- Four Things Introverts Can Teach Us About Networking