The report was based on March 2016 US data from SEMrush's database of more than 80 million keywords.
The researchers looked at the average price paid per click and removed terms with a competition score of less than 0.3.
The most expensive Google AdWords keyword combination is "best mesothelioma lawyer" ($935.71). Mesothelioma is a cancerous tumor that is at the center of many asbestos-related lawsuits.
Terms related to lawyers or lawsuits account for 78% of the top 100 most expensive terms, and nine of the top 10.
About the research: The report was based on March 2016 US data from SEMrush's database of more than 80 million keywords.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- The Decline of Cookies Means the Rise of Organic Search Marketing
- Unraveling SEO Secrets for B2B Marketers: Kyle Roof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Impacting SEO: Chris Rodgers on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Unlock the Power of Your SEO: A Beginner's Guide to Measuring Success
- ChatGPT vs. Bard: The Future of Google's Search Dominance