The report was based on internal 2015 Microsoft data related to queries on the company's Bing search engine.
Searches related to invitations and dresses peak at the beginning of the year, the analysis found. That makes sense, considering that previous research has found that the most popular month for engagements in the United States is December.
"Wedding invitations" and "bridal shower invitations" are the top non-brand queries related to invitations, the analysis found.
"Wedding dresses," "wedding dress," and "mother bride dresses," are the top non-brand queries related to apparel.
Searches related to wedding gifts start to build in April, with spikes at the end of May and the middle of August.
The most common gift-related searches are for specific store registries. "Wedding gift" and "wedding gifts" are the top non-brand gift search terms.
About the research: The report was based on internal 2015 Microsoft data related to queries on the company's Bing search engine.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Unraveling SEO Secrets for B2B Marketers: Kyle Roof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Impacting SEO: Chris Rodgers on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Unlock the Power of Your SEO: A Beginner's Guide to Measuring Success
- ChatGPT vs. Bard: The Future of Google's Search Dominance
- Unleashing the Power of Pillar-Based Marketing: Ryan Brock on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]