Google is the most attractive employer on LinkedIn, in that it does the best job of any major US corporation of attracting and retaining professionals, according to recent research from the social network.
The report was based on an analysis of billions of actions taken by LinkedIn's members between February 2015 and February 2016.
The researchers looked at three factors to determine the rankings: Job applications (the number of views and actual applications for a company's postings on LinkedIn); engagement (how many non-employees attempt to view and connect with a company's employees, etc.); and retention (how long new employees stay after joining).
Only companies with 500+ employees were included in the dataset.
In the US, Salesforce ranks second and Facebook is third, followed by Apple, Amazon, Uber, Microsoft, Tesla, Twitter, and Airbnb.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of billions of actions taken by LinkedIn's members between February 2014 and February 2015.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Unlearn So You Can Succeed: Why (And How) You Should Rewrite Your Playbook
- 2023 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- How Much Content Marketers Make: Salaries for Seven Positions
- The Most (and Least) Innovative Cities in America [Infographic]
- Burned Out But Staying: The State of Today's Workforce [Infographic]
- What's Driving the 'Great Resignation': A Look at Why Workers Quit