Only 123 Fortune 500 brands had Instagram accounts in 2013 (24.6%); today that number is up to 250 (50%), and an additional 1.4% have Instagram accounts for subsidiary brands.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- Some 99% of reactions to Fortune 500 Instagram posts are likes, only 1% are comments.
- Fortune 500 Instagram posts that include hashtags or question marks have marginally higher engagement levels than those without.
- Posts that include an exclamation point have lower engagement levels, on average.
- Some 89% of Instagram posts by Fortune 500 brands have no filter.
- Juno, Lark, and Clarendon are the most popular filters used by Fortune 500 brands.
- The filters with the highest impact scores (engagement relative to the average Fortune 500 Instagram post) are Mayfair, Hefe, and Ludwig.
Some 88% of Fortune 500 Instagram photos are posted between 9 AM and 9PM ET. Photos posted outside this timeframe, between 10 PM and 3 AM ET, have the highest impact scores, on average.
Weekdays are when Fortune 500 brands post most to Instagram. Posts published on Sundays are slightly more effective, garnering 1.1 times more engagement than the average.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of Instagram content posted by Fortune 500 brands between May 1, 2015 and May 1, 2016; the researchers examined 41,071 unique Instagram posts, in total.
Continue reading "How Fortune 500 Brands Use Instagram: Top Filters, Best Times and Days to Post" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media: