The report was based on a survey conducted in the 1H16 of 170 senior marketing leaders (chief marketing officer, head of marketing, SVP of marketing, etc.) from around the world; 42% of respondents work for B2B organizations, 21% for B2C organizations, and 37% for hybrid organizations.
Some 61% of senior marketers surveyed say Big Data engagements and intelligence (smart recommendations, next best actions, etc.) will have one of the the biggest impacts of any emerging technology on the customer experience and their organization overall.
A total of 37% say the Internet of Things will have one of the biggest impacts.
Nearly one-third (32%) of senior marketers say their organization's greatest obstacle to onboarding/integrating emerging technologies is not having the right team and talent to manage/optimize new tools.
About the research: The report was based on a survey conducted in the 1H16 of 170 senior marketing leaders (chief marketing officer, head of marketing, SVP of marketing, etc.) from around the world.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- How Marketers Can Use Identity Graphs to Understand Their Customers Better
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment