Senior marketers say Big Data is the emerging technology that will have the biggest impact on the customer experience, according to recent research from the CMO Council and SAP Hybris.
The report was based on a survey conducted in the 1H16 of 170 senior marketing leaders (chief marketing officer, head of marketing, SVP of marketing, etc.) from around the world; 42% of respondents work for B2B organizations, 21% for B2C organizations, and 37% for hybrid organizations.
Some 61% of senior marketers surveyed say Big Data engagements and intelligence (smart recommendations, next best actions, etc.) will have one of the the biggest impacts of any emerging technology on the customer experience and their organization overall.
A total of 37% say the Internet of Things will have one of the biggest impacts.
Nearly one-third (32%) of senior marketers say their organization's greatest obstacle to onboarding/integrating emerging technologies is not having the right team and talent to manage/optimize new tools.
About the research: The report was based on a survey conducted in the 1H16 of 170 senior marketing leaders (chief marketing officer, head of marketing, SVP of marketing, etc.) from around the world.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The New Customer Journey: How to Reach B2B Buyers in 2023
- In the Age of Automation, Focus on Strategy: Agency Best-Practices
- B2B Influencer Marketing—The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Mike Allton on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Recognize When It's Time to Expand Into New Digital Marketing Channels
- Direct Mail Marketing in 2023: Top Challenges and Trends
- How to Use Contingency Planning to Future-Proof Your Event Strategy