Travel industry marketers say search, email, and social media are the top digital drivers of customer acquisition, according to recent research from Performance Horizon.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2016 of 78 global marketing executives who work in the travel industry.
Some 78% of respondents say organic search is a primary driver of customer acquisition for their travel organization; 71% email is a primary driver of new business, 69% say paid search, 65% social media, and 50% retargeting.
Some 81% of respondents say email marketing is a primary driver of customer retention; 63% say social media is a primary driver, 37% retargeting, and 37% organic search.
Travel industry executives say paid search, email, SEO, and display advertising are the channels/tactics which get the highest percentage of marketing spend, on average.
Some 87% of travel marketers say sales via their mobile app are expected to increase this year, and 97% say sales through via mobile website are expected to increase.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2016 of 78 global travel marketing executives.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Strategic Advantage Through Competitive Intelligence and Analysis
- The Power and Importance of a B2B Referral Generation Program: John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Bow-Tie Model: Purpose-Built for SaaS Companies (Article 2 of 3)
- You're So Vain: The 'Me, Me, Me' POV—How to Avoid the Most Common Sin in Marketing
- Good or Bad? What We Can Learn From Nicolas Cage About Sales Enablement
- Digging in the Wrong Place: Misunderstanding Where SaaS Growth Comes From (Article 1 of 3)