The State of Inbound 2016 report was based on data from a survey of 4,500 marketers in 132 countries. Respondents work for companies of various sizes, and for a mix of B2B and B2C firms. Half of the brands included generate less than $1 million each year in revenue.
Marketers rank growing organic/SEO traffic as their top 2016 inbound priority; it was also marketers' top inbound priority in Hubspot's 2015 survey.
Blog content creation ranks as marketers' second most important inbound priority, followed by content distribution/amplification, marketing automation, interactive content creation, long-form content creation, visual content creation, online tools development, and how-to video creation.
Respondents say converting contacts/leads to customers is their top overall marketing priority; growing website traffic ranks second, followed by increasing revenue derived from existing customers and proving marketing ROI.
About the research: The State of Inbound 2016 report was based on data from a survey of 4,500 marketers in 132 countries.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- 10 Ways to Improve Customer Experience [Infographic]
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Three Steps to Personalizing the Overall Customer Experience
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy
- Eight Myths of Marketing Automation