The US State of Marketing Work Report was based on data from a survey of 202 marketers who work for US companies with more than 500 employees. All respondents collaborate with others on projects and use computer as part of their jobs.
Some 78% of marketers say they work to pays the bills; 26% say they work because they like the mental challenge and 21% say working fulfills their goals (respondents were allowed to pick multiple options).
Marketers say their top motivators to do well at work are a higher salary/bonus (29% cite), recognition from superiors (22%), and opportunities to advance (18%).
Marketers say they work 45.9 hours per week, on average. The non-marketers surveyed by Workfront as part of a larger study work 45.1 hours per week, on average.
Some 14% of marketers work more than 51 hours per week, on average.
Marketers say the biggest things that get in the way of their productivity at work are wasteful meetings (62% cite), excessive oversight (51%), too many emails (48%), and a lack of standard processes/workflows (33%).
Respondents say their top irritations in the office are co-workers who talk too loudly, spaces that are too hot or too cold, co-workers who drop by to chat and won't leave, having to listen to co-workers' personal conversations, and people who call pre-meetings before actual meetings.
About the research: The US State of Marketing Work Report was based on data from a survey of 202 marketers who work for companies in the United States with more than 500 employees.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Sales and Marketing Alignment Insights, Strategies, and Success Indicators: Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Choosing the Right Customer Data Platform: A Guide
- The State of AI and Automation in Marketing Operations [Infographic]
- Reduce Friction With a Yearend Marketing Road Map for Smooth Sailing in 2024
- Decoding Effective Communication and Understanding Impactful Connection: Jason Harris on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Build a Great Marketing Team in 2023 | Marketing Smarts Live Show