The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of verticals.
Some 25% of respondents say it takes them between one and two hours to write a typical post, 24% say it takes between two and three hours, and 8% say it takes less than an hour; 44% say it takes more than three hours to write a typical blog post.
The average time spent creating a typical blog post has increased since 2014.
The length of the average blog post is 1,050 words, up 19% from 2015. The percentage of blog posts that are 500 words or less is half what is was two years ago.
Some 78% of respondents say a typical blog post includes an image; 51% say a typical post includes more than one image; and 15% say a typical post includes a video.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of different verticals.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Do Most B2B Marketers Gate Content?
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations