The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of verticals.
Some 25% of respondents say it takes them between one and two hours to write a typical post, 24% say it takes between two and three hours, and 8% say it takes less than an hour; 44% say it takes more than three hours to write a typical blog post.
The average time spent creating a typical blog post has increased since 2014.
The length of the average blog post is 1,050 words, up 19% from 2015. The percentage of blog posts that are 500 words or less is half what is was two years ago.
Some 78% of respondents say a typical blog post includes an image; 51% say a typical post includes more than one image; and 15% say a typical post includes a video.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of different verticals.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- Marketing at the Speed of Thought: AI Use Cases for Four Content Types
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]