The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of verticals.
Some 25% of respondents say it takes them between one and two hours to write a typical post, 24% say it takes between two and three hours, and 8% say it takes less than an hour; 44% say it takes more than three hours to write a typical blog post.
The average time spent creating a typical blog post has increased since 2014.
The length of the average blog post is 1,050 words, up 19% from 2015. The percentage of blog posts that are 500 words or less is half what is was two years ago.
Some 78% of respondents say a typical blog post includes an image; 51% say a typical post includes more than one image; and 15% say a typical post includes a video.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of different verticals.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- The AI Conundrum: Should B2B Communicators Embrace ChatGPT?
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Stop the Churn: Why Less Is More in B2B Content Marketing
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show