The report was based on an analysis of data from 800 million Facebook posts made in 2016. The researchers examined the number of shares, likes, and comments for each post as well as total engagement (combined shares, likes, and comments).
Posts that are less than 50 characters long garner the most overall engagement (combined shares, likes, and comments), on average, the analysis found. Interactions drop significantly for posts longer than 50 characters.
Posting to Facebook during off-peak times, such as very late at night, and on off-peak days, such as on Sundays, leads to more engagement, on average, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns