The report was based on Appboy platform usage data from consumers in the United States who used hundreds of different apps on Super Bowl Sunday last year (February 7, 2016).
People used apps on their mobile devices more than average before and after last year's Super Bowl compared with the previous five Sundays, the analysis found.
However, mobile app usage dipped once the game began, and dropped significantly during halftime (down 23% compared with the same time on previous Sundays).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]