The report was based on data from a survey of 225 marketers based in the United States (39% work for B2C firms, 36% for B2B firms, and 25% for hybrid B2C-B2B firms).
Some 45% of respondents say social media advertising is an effective tactic for growing email lists.
Content marketing ranks second (42%), followed by search engine optimization (38%), social logins/signups (36%), and contests/giveaways (34%).
Respondents say content marketing is the email list growth tactic that demands the most effort (50% say it requires a lot of skill, time, and expense); search engine optimization ranks second (45%), followed by social media advertising (37%).
Marketers say the most important objective of their email growth strategy is to increase signup conversion rates (50% cite it as a key goal).
About the report: The report was based on data from a survey of 225 marketers based in the United States (39% work for B2C firms, 36% for B2B firms, and 25% for hybrid B2C-B2B firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- The Email List Segments You Should Focus On [Infographic]
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?
- Picking the Right Email Sender Name: Brand or Person?
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP