The report was based on November 2016 through January 2017 Facebook advertising data for 256 US-based WordStream clients in 18 industries: apparel, auto, B2B, beauty, consumer services, education, employment/job training, finance/insurance, fitness, home improvement, healthcare, industrial services, legal, real estate, retail, technology, and travel/hospitality.
Legal advertisers have the highest average CTR on Facebook ads (1.61%); employment/job training advertisers have the lowest average CTR (0.47%).
The average conversion rate for Facebook ads across all industries is 9.21%.
Fitness brands have the highest average conversion rate for Facebook ads (14.29%); technology brands have the lowest average conversion rate (2.31%).
The average cost per click (CPC) across all industries is $1.72, and the average cost per action (CPA) is $18.68.
Check out the infographic to see Facebook advertising benchmarks for all 18 industries examined:
About the research: The report was based on November 2016 through January 2017 Facebook advertising data for 256 US-based WordStream clients in 18 industries.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]