The report was based on November 2016 through January 2017 Facebook advertising data for 256 US-based WordStream clients in 18 industries: apparel, auto, B2B, beauty, consumer services, education, employment/job training, finance/insurance, fitness, home improvement, healthcare, industrial services, legal, real estate, retail, technology, and travel/hospitality.
Legal advertisers have the highest average CTR on Facebook ads (1.61%); employment/job training advertisers have the lowest average CTR (0.47%).
The average conversion rate for Facebook ads across all industries is 9.21%.
Fitness brands have the highest average conversion rate for Facebook ads (14.29%); technology brands have the lowest average conversion rate (2.31%).
The average cost per click (CPC) across all industries is $1.72, and the average cost per action (CPA) is $18.68.
Check out the infographic to see Facebook advertising benchmarks for all 18 industries examined:
About the research: The report was based on November 2016 through January 2017 Facebook advertising data for 256 US-based WordStream clients in 18 industries.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead