The report was based on data from a survey conducted by YouGov in June 2016 of 1,100 people age 13-17 (Generation Z) in the United States. Respondents were asked to rank 122 popular brands on how known they are and how cool they are.
YouTube has the best combination of high brand awareness and high cool factor with Generation Z, the analysis found.
Netflix ranks second, followed by Google, Xbox, Oreos, GoPro, Playstation, Doritos, Nike, and Chrome.
Chick-fil-A is the coolest fast-food chain with teens; Coke is viewed as cooler than Pepsi.
Snapchat is viewed as the coolest social network with Generation Z. However, a slightly higher percentage of respondents are on Instagram (59.6%) than on Snapchat (56.4%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June 2016 of 1,100 people age 13-17 (Generation Z) in the United States. Respondents were asked to rank 122 popular brands on how known they are and how cool they are.
Continue reading "Which Brands and Social Networks Do Teens Think Are Cool?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- The 10 Brands People Feel Most Intimately Connected to in 2022
- Be Positioned or Get Positioned: Do's and Don'ts for Transforming the Perception of Your Brand
- How a Unified Brand Multiplies ROI [Infographic]
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World: Eric Yaverbaum on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Pillars of B2B Brand Reputation Management
- The Most Commonly Tattooed Brands [Infographic]