Amazon.com is the advertiser that appears most visibly in Google paid search results, whereas Wikipedia is the site that appears most visibly in organic Google search results, according to recent research from Searchmetrics.
The report was based on data from Google paid and organic US desktop searches conducted in the first 13 weeks of 2017 for millions of keywords.
The researchers calculated paid visibility and SEO/organic visibility scores for sites/advertisers based the number of times domains appeared in search engine results pages (SERPs), domains' prominence on SERPs, and how domains ranked for competitive keywords.
Amazon.com has the highest visibility score for Google's pay-per-click (PPC) units on US desktop search pages. In other words, its ads have the highest combination of volume and prominence on paid results for keywords.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce