Which words are most effective in encouraging consumers to click on mobile push notifications?
To find out, Leanplum examined more than 2.6 billion mobile push notifications sent by brands between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
Each word in the dataset was isolated and assigned an engagement score based on how it affected open rates across different campaigns.
The researchers found that the words with the highest engagement scores fell into four main groupings: words that convey urgency (alert, pending, critical, etc.); words that convey exclusivity (accepted, eligible, limited, etc.); words that convey emotion (dream, epic, warning, etc.); and words that convey value (bargains, deals, sale, etc.).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Boost Your Open Rates With Messaging Apps [Infographic]
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]