The report was based on data from 100 million articles published on social media platforms between March 1 and May 10, 2017.
The researchers examined the engagement (likes, comments, and shares) for each content piece on Facebook. Outlier posts (i.e., those that garnered an abnormally large number of shares) were removed from the data set.
List-post headlines that include the number 5 is the second most-effective number in list headlines, followed by 15, 7, and 20.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Content Marketing-Related Search Queries and Hashtags
- Five Content Marketing Myths Debunked
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges