The report was based on data from 100 million articles published on social media platforms between March 1 and May 10, 2017.
The researchers examined the engagement (likes, comments, and shares) for each content piece on Facebook. Outlier posts (i.e., those that garnered an abnormally large number of shares) were removed from the data set.
List-post headlines that include the number 5 is the second most-effective number in list headlines, followed by 15, 7, and 20.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]