The report was based on data from 100 million articles published on social media platforms between March 1 and May 10, 2017.
The researchers examined the engagement (likes, comments, and shares) for each content piece on Facebook. Outlier posts (i.e., those that garnered an abnormally large number of shares) were removed from the data set.
List-post headlines that include the number 5 is the second most-effective number in list headlines, followed by 15, 7, and 20.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]