Nearly three quarters (72%) of Instagram users say they have made a fashion- or beauty-related purchase after seeing the product on the social network, according to recent research from Dana Rebecca Designs.
The report was based on data from a survey of 2,000 people who use Instagram; 63% of respondents consider themselves to be "fashion-forward."
Some 74% of Millennial respondents say they have made a fashion- or beauty-related purchase after seeing a related post on Instagram, compared with 54% of Baby Boomer respondents.
Some 29% of respondents say they have purchased jewelry or jewelry accessories after seeing a the product on Instagram.
One-third of Millennial respondents say they have used Instagram while inside a retail store to help make a fashion purchase decision.
Check out the infographic for more insights from the survey:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 2,000 people who use Instagram; 63% of respondents consider themselves to be "fashion-forward."
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful
- The History of Reddit: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Three Social Media PR Tips for Driving B2B Brand Visibility
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections | Marketing Smarts Live Show