The report was based on 2017 data from more than two million LinkedIn members in the United States.
Orthopedic surgeons have a median total compensation (salary plus bonus/commission) of $450,000.
Cardiologist is the job title with the next-highest median compensation total ($382,000); radiologist ranks third, followed by anesthesiologist and plastic surgeon.
The top-paying entry/midlevel jobs (only one or two years' experience necessary) are investment banking analyst ($105,000 median compensation) and associate brand manager (also $105,000).
Computer science is the highest paying field of study in the United States, with graduates earning a median compensation of $92,300.
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from more than two million LinkedIn members in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Why Employees Are Staying at Their Jobs [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen the Right Career | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How Employers' Political Stances Affect Recruiting and Retention
- The Top Skills Among B2B Marketers on LinkedIn
- The Average Tenure of CMOs at Big Companies
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI