The report was based on 2017 data from more than two million LinkedIn members in the United States.
Orthopedic surgeons have a median total compensation (salary plus bonus/commission) of $450,000.
Cardiologist is the job title with the next-highest median compensation total ($382,000); radiologist ranks third, followed by anesthesiologist and plastic surgeon.
The top-paying entry/midlevel jobs (only one or two years' experience necessary) are investment banking analyst ($105,000 median compensation) and associate brand manager (also $105,000).
Computer science is the highest paying field of study in the United States, with graduates earning a median compensation of $92,300.
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from more than two million LinkedIn members in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Are MBAs Prepared for Emerging Technologies? [Infographic]
- Why Employees Are Hesitant to Ask for a Raise [Infographic]
- The Power of Second Chances in B2B Marketing: Kellie Walenciak on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How CMOs Can Use AI to Make Career-Changing, Strategic Business Impact
- How Well Do Senior Marketers Understand AI?
- The 20 Companies That Produce the Most CEOs [Infographic]