Which search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes appear most often on websites?
To find out, SEMRush used its site audit tool to collect anonymous data on 100,000 websites and 450 million webpages. The researchers examined how each site and each page performed in terms of search crawlability, technical SEO, and on-page SEO.
As part of the analysis, the researchers assigned each of the 40 most common SEO issues an impact score of between 1 (low severity) and 5 (high severity).
Two-thirds of the websites examined had duplicate content, one-third had broken internal links, and 23% had slow load times.
Check out the infographic below for more findings from the report.
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis of 100,000 websites and 450 million Web pages.
Continue reading "The 40 Most Common SEO Mistakes [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022
- 10 Important Google Search Algorithm Updates From 2021 [Infographic]