Which search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes appear most often on websites?
To find out, SEMRush used its site audit tool to collect anonymous data on 100,000 websites and 450 million webpages. The researchers examined how each site and each page performed in terms of search crawlability, technical SEO, and on-page SEO.
As part of the analysis, the researchers assigned each of the 40 most common SEO issues an impact score of between 1 (low severity) and 5 (high severity).
Two-thirds of the websites examined had duplicate content, one-third had broken internal links, and 23% had slow load times.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Unlock the Power of Your SEO: A Beginner's Guide to Measuring Success
- ChatGPT vs. Bard: The Future of Google's Search Dominance
- Unleashing the Power of Pillar-Based Marketing: Ryan Brock on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Healthcare SEO Trends for 2023: AI to the Rescue?
- The Top AI Tools by Search Volume and User Rating