Which search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes appear most often on websites?
To find out, SEMRush used its site audit tool to collect anonymous data on 100,000 websites and 450 million webpages. The researchers examined how each site and each page performed in terms of search crawlability, technical SEO, and on-page SEO.
As part of the analysis, the researchers assigned each of the 40 most common SEO issues an impact score of between 1 (low severity) and 5 (high severity).
Two-thirds of the websites examined had duplicate content, one-third had broken internal links, and 23% had slow load times.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords
- Alexa, Revolutionize My SEO Strategy: How to Capitalize on AI-Assisted Voice Search