Instagram micro-influencers and macro-influencers garner similar average engagement rates on sponsored posts, according to recent research from Mediakix.
The report was based on data from sponsored Instagram influencer campaigns run by 16 recognized brands, such as Nordstrom and Gillette.
The researchers defined micro-influencers as Instagram users with between 10,000 and 100,000 followers and macro-influencers as users with more than 100,000 followers.
Not surprisingly, sponsored posts by macro-influencers generally have a larger reach than those of micro-influencers, and they also receive much more engagement (likes and comments) in absolute terms.
However, the average engagement rate (engagement per post divided by number of followers per influencer) is similar for macro-influencers (2.65%) and micro-influencers (2.75%).
Check out the infographic for more findings from the research:
About the research: The report was based on data from sponsored Instagram influencer campaigns run by 16 major brands such as Nordstrom and Gillette.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]