The report was based on data from a survey of 260 marketers (48% work for firms that are primarily B2B-focused, 34% for firms that are primarily B2C focused, and 18% for hybrid B2B/B2C firms).
Some 50% of respondents say message personalization is among the most effective email marketing tactics; 38% say creating meaningful calls-to-action is among the most effective tactics.
List data segmentation ranks as the third most-effective email marketing tactic (37% of respondents cite it).
Respondents say list segmentation is the hardest email marketing tactic to implement (37% rate it as among the most difficult).
Creating meaningful calls to action is second, followed by message personalization and testing/optimization.
The same proportion of marketers (37%) rank list data segmentation as one of most effective tactics and as one of the the most difficult.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 260 marketers (48% work for firms that are primarily B2B focused, 34% for firms that are primarily B2C focused, and 18% for hybrid B2B/B2C firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?
- Picking the Right Email Sender Name: Brand or Person?
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges