Consumers in the United States feel the most loyalty toward Amazon's e-commerce store and Google's search engine among major brands, according to recent research from Brand Keys.
The report was based on data from a survey of 49,168 US consumers between age 16-65. Respondents were asked to evaluate how loyal they feel to 740 brands in 83 categories.
Amazon's e-commerce site, which ranked second in last year's survey, tops this year's list of brands US consumers feel most loyal to.
Google's search engine, which ranked first in last year's survey, drops to second on the list this year.
Some companies are highly ranked by consumers in multiple categories, including Amazon (Online Retail, Tablets, and Video Streaming) and Apple (Tablets, Smartphones, and Computers).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 49,168 US consumers between age 16-65. Respondents were asked to evaluate how loyal they feel to 740 brands in 83 categories.
Continue reading "The 25 Brands US Consumers Feel the Most Loyalty Toward" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Adapting Brands and Thought Leadership: Afiya Addison of the B2B Institute at LinkedIn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why Honesty and Integrity Pay: The Benefits of Truth-Based Marketing
- Top 5 Sentiment Analysis Tools
- Listening to Customers, Discovering Your Why, What, and How: Zendesk's Lisa Kant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World's Top 10 'Brand Guardian,' Most Famous, and Most Reputable CEOs