The proportion of clicks on Google paid-search ads originating from smartphones increased significantly between the third quarter of 2016 and the third quarter of 2017, according to recent research from iProspect.
The report was based on 3Q17 data from 2,500 Google AdWords and Bing Ads accounts representing more than 220,000 active campaigns in both search- and shopping-ad formats.
Some 61.9% of all 3Q17 Google paid-search clicks analyzed originated from smartphones, up from 53% in 3Q16.
Clicks originating from tablets and desktops both declined year over year.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords