The annual report was based on an analysis of 600,000 keywords with a range of search volumes. The researchers examined the top 100 SERP results for each term to determine which factors influence page rank on Google.
Pages that are hosted on websites with a high number of direct visits (sites which people often go straight to) tend to consistently rank well in Google search, the analysis found.
Other factors that have a strong influence on how well pages rank include time on site, pages per session, and bounce rate.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords