The report was based on 2017 data from Tenor's GIF-sharing platform, which handles more than 9 billion searches per month.
The researchers excluded GIFs that are perennially popular (e.g., "happy birthday").
A "yay" GIF featuring actor Jonah Hill was the third most shared of 2017.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World
- The Most Annoying Things About Brands' Content
- How to Integrate Influencer and Emotional Marketing to Improve Your Content Program
- Empathy Mapping for Marketing Content: What It Is and How to Do It Well