The report was based on 2017 data from Tenor's GIF-sharing platform, which handles more than 9 billion searches per month.
The researchers excluded GIFs that are perennially popular (e.g., "happy birthday").
A "yay" GIF featuring actor Jonah Hill was the third most shared of 2017.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z
- How to Create the Right Amount of the Right Type of Content
- Storytelling, Digital Transformation, Customer Experience... and You: Contently's Joe Lazauskas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]