The report was based on data from a survey of 500 marketing executives (29% work for B2B firms, 14% work for B2C firms, and 26% work for hybrid B2B-B2C firms).
Some 34% of respondents say artificial intelligence is the 2018 trend they feel most unprepared for.
Another 29% cite augmented/virtual reality, 23% cite voice search, and 11% cite new social networks.
Marketing executives say the biggest internal challenges that could negatively impact their 2018 online performance are not having enough budget, not having the right team, and not having enough time.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 500 marketing executives (29% work for B2B firms, 14% work for B2C firms, and 26% work for hybrid B2B-B2C firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Understanding Web3 Through a Marketing Lens: Tony Pham on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Buyers Are (Still) There: How Can B2B Tech Marketers Get to Them?
- Virtual Event Trends: Businesses' Future Plans and Top Challenges
- Art or Science? The Fate of Data-Driven Marketing
- Four Intent Data Mistakes ABM Newbies Make
- Direct Mail Marketing Trends