The report was based on data from a survey of 181 marketers whose firms run influencer campaigns. Respondents work in a range of B2C industries, including CPG, food/beverage, and retail.
Some 39% of respondents say they plan to increase their spend on influencer marketing this year; 21% plan to spend the same as in 2017; and 5% plan to decrease their spend.
The top influencer marketing trends that respondents foresee adopting this year are running programs that leverage multiple types of influencers (52% say so) and using influencer content to improve performance on other channels (44%).
Respondents expect that the top influencer marketing challenges of 2018 will be determining ROI (76% say so) and dealing with social network algorithm changes that will make organic content less visible (42%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 181 marketers whose firms run influencer campaigns. Respondents work in a range of B2C industries, including CPG, food/beverage, and retail.
Continue reading "The Top Influencer Marketing Trends and Challenges of 2018" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Reimagining B2B Customer Experience: A Post-Pandemic Path Forward
- How to Use ABM Tactics to Support Sales and Influence Buying Committee Decisions
- B2B Enterprise Marketing Strategy in a Pandemic World: Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Outcomes Are In: Why Outcome-Based Marketing Is So Successful
- How to Survey Attendees to Improve Your Virtual Event Strategy [Sample Questions and Metrics]