How many push notifications from an app are too many? At what point do consumers start disabling notifications and stop using apps?
To find out, Localytics conducted a survey in 2017 among 1,000 smartphone users in the United States. As part of the analysis, the researchers compared the results with those of a similar study conducted by the firm in 2015.
Some 52% of consumers say apps have gotten better about the number of notifications they send compared with a few years ago; 38% say things have stayed the same; and 10% say they’ve gotten worse.
Only 10% of consumers say they will disable notifications for an app if it sends one notification per week, on average.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]