The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among 1,030 consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 58% of respondents say they most prefer to see television advertisements among various mediums. Only 13% of consumers cite online ads, and just 11% cite either social media ads or print ads:
Among consumers who prefer online and social ads over other formats, Facebook ads are the most liked. Banner advertisements rank second:
Men and women alike say they enjoy advertisements from food and drink brands the most.
Men are more likely to like ads from sports/entertainment and technology brands, and women are more likely to like ads from fashion/health/beauty and travel brands:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,030 consumers in the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Love, Hate, or Indifferent? How People Feel About 6 Common Ad Formats
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead