The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among 1,030 consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 58% of respondents say they most prefer to see television advertisements among various mediums. Only 13% of consumers cite online ads, and just 11% cite either social media ads or print ads:
Among consumers who prefer online and social ads over other formats, Facebook ads are the most liked. Banner advertisements rank second:
Men and women alike say they enjoy advertisements from food and drink brands the most.
Men are more likely to like ads from sports/entertainment and technology brands, and women are more likely to like ads from fashion/health/beauty and travel brands:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,030 consumers in the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]
- How to Identify What Advertising Strategy Is Best for Your Business: Rebecca Bugger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Interactive Ad Campaigns to Generate Leads
- Five Ways Digital Attribution Can Improve ROAS for CTV/OTT Advertising