The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among 1,030 consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 58% of respondents say they most prefer to see television advertisements among various mediums. Only 13% of consumers cite online ads, and just 11% cite either social media ads or print ads:
Among consumers who prefer online and social ads over other formats, Facebook ads are the most liked. Banner advertisements rank second:
Men and women alike say they enjoy advertisements from food and drink brands the most.
Men are more likely to like ads from sports/entertainment and technology brands, and women are more likely to like ads from fashion/health/beauty and travel brands:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,030 consumers in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24