The report was based on data from 35,000 Instagram posts published in 2017 by 6,500 influencers in seven B2C verticals (alcohol, beauty, CPG, food and beverage, QSR and dining, retail and fashion, and travel and hospitality).
Non-branded/non-sponsored posts by influencers with large audiences (100,000 to 500,000 followers) tend to garner the most overall engagement (total likes and comments).
However, influencers with smaller audiences (1,000 to 5,000 followers) have a higher average engagement rate (the share of followers who like or comment). In other words, influencers with smaller follower counts tend to have more engaged audiences.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019