How does the performance of Google AdWords paid search campaigns vary among industries? Which verticals tend to have the highest costs, click rates, and conversion rates?
To find out, Acquisio examined the performance of 50,000 AdWords campaigns run in 2017 by 11,000 advertisers in 12 industries (retail, travel and tourism, legal, education and employment, automotive, professional services, animal care, real estate, medical and dental, fitness and recreation, food and beverage, and financial).
The researchers eliminated any outliers from the data set and established median benchmarks for cost per click (CPC), cost per acquisition (CPA), click through rate (CTR), and conversion rate (CVR) with and without the application of machine-learning optimization.
The education and employment sector has the highest median CPC of all the industries examined ($5.27), and the travel and tourism sector has the lowest ($1.20), the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]