The report was based on an analysis conducted in April and May 2018 of 8 billion pageviews for 1 million articles on thousands of sites. The researchers used natural language processing to classify the content into 23 topic categories.
Some 75% of all external traffic to the content examined came from Google and Facebook.
Overall referral traffic has shifted somewhat from Facebook to Google over the past year, likely because of algorithm changes made by the social network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]