Which keywords do people in the United States search for most on Google?
To find out, Siege Media used the Ahrefs platform to examine the top queried terms on Google search in the US in the 12 months preceding June 1, 2018. The researchers looked at only nobranded organic terms and excluded porn-related keywords from the final list.
"Weather" is the keyword that receives the highest volume of monthly searches, the analysis found.
Other top terms are "maps," "translate," "calculator," "YouTube to MP3," "speed test," "news," "thesaurus," "Powerball," and "Donald Trump."
Check out the infographic for the full list of the 100 most popular nonbranded keywords on Google search:
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the top queried terms on Google search in the US for the twelve months prior to June 1, 2018.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Search Engine Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Color Wheel Theory: Your New SEO Content Framework
- How Search Changed Last Year [Infographic]
- How Author Authority Affects Search Rankings
- SEO, Backlinks, and BEO: Three Pillars for Stronger PR and Brand Awareness
- How AI Will Affect Delivering Relevant Search Results
- Five Tips to Improve SEO Using Stock Images and Videos