The report was based on data from a survey of 310 users of BrightLocal's local SEO platform. The researchers polled respondents on what they would like to change about Google My Business (GMB), the tool that serves as as a portal for firms' Google Maps and Google Search listings.
One-third of respondents say fake reviews is among the top GMB issues that they would like to see fixed.
Some 26% cite reviews without content as a top issue, 25% cite a lack of control over photos, and 23% cite duplicate listings.
Some 27% of respondents say verification of businesses is among the GMB issues that should be fixed first, and 26% say a lack of clear guidelines is among the issues that should be fixed first.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 310 users of BrightLocal's local SEO platform.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]