The report was based on data from a survey of 310 users of BrightLocal's local SEO platform. The researchers polled respondents on what they would like to change about Google My Business (GMB), the tool that serves as as a portal for firms' Google Maps and Google Search listings.
One-third of respondents say fake reviews is among the top GMB issues that they would like to see fixed.
Some 26% cite reviews without content as a top issue, 25% cite a lack of control over photos, and 23% cite duplicate listings.
Some 27% of respondents say verification of businesses is among the GMB issues that should be fixed first, and 26% say a lack of clear guidelines is among the issues that should be fixed first.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 310 users of BrightLocal's local SEO platform.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO Keyword Strategy for B2B Content Development
- The Most Common SEO Mistakes on Websites [Infographic]
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results