What are the average engagement rates and costs for mobile ads on Google's search and display networks? How do those rates and costs vary among industries?
WordStream looked at Google Ads data for its clients in 18 industries: arts and entertainment, automotive service and repair, business services, computer and electronics, construction, education, finance, hair salons, healthcare, home and garden, Internet and telecom, law/legal, consulting, manufacturing, nonprofits, retail, transportation, and travel and hospitality.
It found that the average mobile click-through rate (CTR) across all industries is 4.10% on Google's search network and 0.60% on Google's display network.
The following are some other key findings from the analysis:
- The average mobile conversion rate (CVR) across all industries is 3.48% on Google's search network and 0.72% on Google's display network.
- The average mobile cost-per-click (CPC) across all industries is $2.67 on Google's search network and $0.60 on Google's display network.
- The average mobile cost-per-action (CPA) across all industries is $80.89 on Google's search network and $148.68 on Google's display network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Search Trends During COVID-19 and the Exit Phase [Infographic]
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer