What are the average engagement rates and costs for mobile ads on Google's search and display networks? How do those rates and costs vary among industries?
WordStream looked at Google Ads data for its clients in 18 industries: arts and entertainment, automotive service and repair, business services, computer and electronics, construction, education, finance, hair salons, healthcare, home and garden, Internet and telecom, law/legal, consulting, manufacturing, nonprofits, retail, transportation, and travel and hospitality.
It found that the average mobile click-through rate (CTR) across all industries is 4.10% on Google's search network and 0.60% on Google's display network.
The following are some other key findings from the analysis:
- The average mobile conversion rate (CVR) across all industries is 3.48% on Google's search network and 0.72% on Google's display network.
- The average mobile cost-per-click (CPC) across all industries is $2.67 on Google's search network and $0.60 on Google's display network.
- The average mobile cost-per-action (CPA) across all industries is $80.89 on Google's search network and $148.68 on Google's display network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Top 4 Impactful SEO Trends Today
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying Attention?
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- SEO for B2B Marketing: Keywords, Content, and Clicks