The report was based on data from a survey conducted between August 30 and September 6, 2018, among 2,021 winter holiday shoppers in the United States.
Some 26% of respondents say they plan to spend more on holiday gifts this year than last year and 56% plan to spend the same.
Some 41% of Millennials plan to spend more on holiday gifts this year than last year.
Consumers plan to spend $819, on average, this holiday season.
Parents plan to spend $486, on average, on holiday gifts for their children this year.
Some 68% of respondents plan to buy gift cards as presents this holiday season, 63% plan to buy apparel, and 47% plan to buy toys.
Some 31% of US consumers start their holiday shopping planning in September or earlier, and 38% start in October through Thanksgiving.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between August 30 and September 6, 2018, among 2,021 holiday shoppers in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results
- How to Make Thought Leadership a B2B Demand-Gen Dynamo
- How to Build a B2B Lead Gen Webinar
- The Power of a B2B Referral Generation Program | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Save a Leaking Lead Generation Pool
- Your SMB Needs a Full-Funnel Marketing Approach. Here's Where to Start.