The report was based on data from a survey conducted between August 30 and September 6, 2018, among 2,021 winter holiday shoppers in the United States.
Some 26% of respondents say they plan to spend more on holiday gifts this year than last year and 56% plan to spend the same.
Some 41% of Millennials plan to spend more on holiday gifts this year than last year.
Consumers plan to spend $819, on average, this holiday season.
Parents plan to spend $486, on average, on holiday gifts for their children this year.
Some 68% of respondents plan to buy gift cards as presents this holiday season, 63% plan to buy apparel, and 47% plan to buy toys.
Some 31% of US consumers start their holiday shopping planning in September or earlier, and 38% start in October through Thanksgiving.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between August 30 and September 6, 2018, among 2,021 holiday shoppers in the United States.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Demand Gen: Leverage the Combo of Search and Social
- Three Ways to Personalize Your Next ABM Campaign to Close More Deals
- 21 B2B Lead Gen Strategies to Aid Your Marketing Efforts [Infographic]
- Boost Your Sales With Strategic Gifting [Infographic]
- How B2B Leaders Can Improve Lead Generation in Their Organizations