The report was based on an analysis of the top 10 results for desktop Google.com searches in the US for 4,000 keywords. The researchers examined how different search factors are correlated with high rank across eight topic areas: cars, furniture, credit, financial planning, weight loss, recipes, destinations, and camping.
Google's expanded use of machine-learning and AI to hone results appears to be increasingly resulting in different types of pages rising to the top in different topic areas, the analysis found.
For example, top ranking furniture-related pages have 28 images, on average, whereas credit-related pages have only seven images, on average.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords
- Alexa, Revolutionize My SEO Strategy: How to Capitalize on AI-Assisted Voice Search
- Why Consumers Click on Paid-Search Ads