The report was based on an analysis of the top 10 results for desktop Google.com searches in the US for 4,000 keywords. The researchers examined how different search factors are correlated with high rank across eight topic areas: cars, furniture, credit, financial planning, weight loss, recipes, destinations, and camping.
Google's expanded use of machine-learning and AI to hone results appears to be increasingly resulting in different types of pages rising to the top in different topic areas, the analysis found.
For example, top ranking furniture-related pages have 28 images, on average, whereas credit-related pages have only seven images, on average.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Top 4 Impactful SEO Trends Today
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying Attention?
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- SEO for B2B Marketing: Keywords, Content, and Clicks