The report was based on data from a survey of 506 people who clicked on at least one online search ad in the past month.
Three-quarters of consumers say search ads make it easier to find information online, and 77% say they are confident they can recognize search ads.
One-third of respondents say the top reason they usually click on paid-search ads is that the ads answers their search queries; some 26% say the top reason is that the ads mention familiar brands; 20% ,e the ads appear ahead of organic search results; and 19%, the ads have compelling titles, descriptions, or images.
Some 63% of consumers say Google ads are the search ads they click on most, and 14% say Amazon ads are the search ads they click on most.
Some 49% of consumers say they click on text ads most often; 31% say they click on product/shopping ads most, and 16% cite video ads.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 506 people who clicked on an online paid search ad in the past month.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]