The report was based on data from a survey of 506 people who clicked on at least one online search ad in the past month.
Three-quarters of consumers say search ads make it easier to find information online, and 77% say they are confident they can recognize search ads.
One-third of respondents say the top reason they usually click on paid-search ads is that the ads answers their search queries; some 26% say the top reason is that the ads mention familiar brands; 20% ,e the ads appear ahead of organic search results; and 19%, the ads have compelling titles, descriptions, or images.
Some 63% of consumers say Google ads are the search ads they click on most, and 14% say Amazon ads are the search ads they click on most.
Some 49% of consumers say they click on text ads most often; 31% say they click on product/shopping ads most, and 16% cite video ads.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 506 people who clicked on an online paid search ad in the past month.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to SEO:
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Unlock the Power of Your SEO: A Beginner's Guide to Measuring Success
- Unleashing the Power of Pillar-Based Marketing: Ryan Brock on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Healthcare SEO Trends for 2023: AI to the Rescue?
- Eight Essential On-Page SEO Elements to Focus On [Infographic]
- Color Wheel Theory: Your New SEO Content Framework