The report was based on data from a survey of more than 1,400 local marketers who work either in-house for businesses or for agencies.
Nearly one-third (32%) of respondents say they believe proximity to the searcher is the most important factor that determines a high rank in Google's Local Pack (the small set of local business results that often appears at the top of search result pages).
Some 22% of respondents say local search is too diverse to identify a single top ranking factor.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]