The report was based on data from a survey of more than 1,400 local marketers who work either in-house for businesses or for agencies.
Nearly one-third (32%) of respondents say they believe proximity to the searcher is the most important factor that determines a high rank in Google's Local Pack (the small set of local business results that often appears at the top of search result pages).
Some 22% of respondents say local search is too diverse to identify a single top ranking factor.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Local Business Links and Reputation: Competitive Difference-Makers in SEO
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing
- Google Search Algorithm Updates: 2018 [Infographic]