The report was based on data from a survey of more than 1,400 local marketers who work either in-house for businesses or for agencies.
Nearly one-third (32%) of respondents say they believe proximity to the searcher is the most important factor that determines a high rank in Google's Local Pack (the small set of local business results that often appears at the top of search result pages).
Some 22% of respondents say local search is too diverse to identify a single top ranking factor.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Leads From Search Are Different: How to Convert Search Leads by Tailoring Sales Practices
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords
- Alexa, Revolutionize My SEO Strategy: How to Capitalize on AI-Assisted Voice Search