The report was based on data from a survey of 443 people in the United States age 13 and older.
Some 39% of general consumers say they text during the big game, and 39% say they look at social media.
Even consumers who self-identify as football fans aren't necessarily always watching the action: Some 16% say they use gaming apps during the Super Bowl, 15% look at news/sports apps, and 14% check social media.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels