The report was based on an analysis of how well US-based domains performed in 2018. For each major site, the researchers calculated the Search Visibility, a metric that relies on various factors—search rank for the URL, search rank for high-volume keywords, the number of times it is included in organic search results, etc.—to assess how well a domain is faring on Google's desktop organic search.
Many of the sites that had large increases in Search Visibility in 2018 were video-focused. Chief among them was Google-owned YouTube, which recorded a +79% jump.
Some health-related websites also had big Search Visibility gains last year.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]