The report was based on data from a survey of global consumers (57% from North America) with an average age of 35+.
Some 60% of respondents say they encounter hateful, inappropriate, or offensive content on Facebook, and 31% say they encounter that sort of content on YouTube.
Nearly half (49%) of respondents say when they see an ad alongside offensive content it negatively impacts how they view the advertiser; and 60% say when they see offensive content online it negatively impacts their view of the platform.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns